I've seen multiple posts with this question but all of the solutions haven't worked for me. I recently installed Jira Software for our Red Hat Enterprise Linux server (v 8.2) and the error "Could not find driver with class name: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver" continues to pop up when when connecting the database. I have placed the .jar file into /opt/atlassian/jira/lib/ but it cannot find the file. I have ran stop-jira.sh and start-jira.sh to restart the service but nothing.Do I need to install a GUI environment onto our Linux server and access localhost:8080 that way or am I completely missing something?
Hi @David Stevens ,
If the message still appears, it seems that java can not find the jar.
So maybe you can double check, if it is there and if the user under which jira is running can read it (has the same permissions like the other files).
For this it is not important if you access Jira remote or from the local host.
The .jar file does have the correct permissions for the user running Jira to read it.
If I recall correct, there where different versions of the driver available and there where multiple files in the driver archive.
Did you choose the right one and copied the right file from the archive?
We have another server running Jira until we can migrate to the new one and I copied the exact .jar file that server is using for MySQL 5.7.
Ended up re-installing MySQL from the bottom up and it cleared things.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.