So, if I am creating a bug in JIRA it should directly populate my bug template which has say "Browser details:URL:Screenshots: ..... and other things as normal text"
Can I make this happen just when I say "Create" and select ticket type="bug"?
You could do that via Automation...
trigger - issue created
condition - Issuetype = bug
action - add your text to the Description field or other field as desired
this is possible for xray bugs? I am not automation expert so asked
Jack so for everytime any of my QA member clicks on "Create" and selects bug it shows them the template I added in description field?
Sorry, I did not understand your original post. You can’t create a template within the description field. That is a must-line text field. You can create fields in your Bug template such that it directs the creator as desired of course.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.