We have started to use Jira Service Desk (cloud), I wanted to check if I can assign one Jira service desk license among a group of the employee using the tool. Will it create a compliance issue? Is it feasible and advisable to do so?
i certainly would not recommend.
technically you could create one user and tell everyone the password. You would want to read the terms of service to see if that would violate the T&Cs. Moreover, by doing so you would not have any way to know for sure which team member took any action or made any comment.
If I understand the terms of usage, then no, this is not something you could do, each user should have their own account and hence licence.
Would doing this cause you problems - yes, probably. There's some interesting side effects of trying to have a shared Atlassian account if you are using those for access. And if this account had any form of write access to your Jira, then yes, you have an instant Compliance failure because you don't know who made a change. (Equally, another one even with read-only is that you simply don't know who is reading your stuff either)
In short, don't do it. It will come back to bite you
Thanks, Jack for your quick response and suggestion. I have recommended the same to my leadership team as well. But they want to know - will it create a compliance issue if we assign a group of people to single license, i.e. share the license. I went through the terms and services but couldn't find anything around this point, are you aware if it will create a compliance issue in such scenario?
i think Nic's answer captures my views on the compliance implications.
Thanks Nic for the quick response. This helps.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.