Hello all.
We have a custom field that uses the Cascading Option. So you select something from a pull-down on the left and then you're supposed to select something from the pull-down on the right. But sometimes people don't select anything from the pull-down on the right.
I want to create a Filter that will show me all of the Issues for which someone has selected something in the pull-down on the left but has not selected anything from the pull-down on the right.
From the page I consulted - https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/advanced-search-reference-jql-functions/ - the only solution I figured out was to use OR function to have each and all values of parentOption field being filtered, i.e., something like this:
myCustomField in cascadeOption("parentOptionValue1",none) OR myCustomField in cascadeOption("parentOptionValue2",none) OR myCustomField in cascadeOption("parentOptionValue3",none)...
Is there any solution more elegant, less error prone and easier to maintain?
Thank you very much in advance for your reply and for your good understanding.