Hi all,
I'm dipping into the world of Atlassian and am experiencing some issues.
My setup is as follows: JIRA 8.12.1 Server, MySQL 8, Confluence 7.7.3 (will also be installing Bitbucket and Bamboo at a later stage).
My issue as follows:
I've setup MySQL 8 and got that up and running and managed to also get Confluence installed and running - so I know that the DB is working okay.
I then installed JIRA, and was running through the setup for connecting with my own database, but, when I enter all the details and test my connection, it's telling me that I am trying to connect to a non empty database which is not correct as it was just created moments before.
Error message reads "You have specified a database that is not empty, please specify an empty database."
Then, I try and go the route of using a dbconfig.xml file and we get past the database setup stage when I restart the JIRA service. When I try to add my license, it errors out again as the cwd_application table was not created (according to the logs) - it seems as though quite a few tables were not created (error snippet below).
Caused by: java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: Table 'jiradb.cwd_application' doesn't exist
at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.exceptions.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:120) [mysql-connector-java-8.0.21.jar:8.0.21]
at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.exceptions.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:97) [mysql-connector-java-8.0.21.jar:8.0.21]
at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.exceptions.SQLExceptionsMapping.translateException(SQLExceptionsMapping.java:122) [mysql-connector-java-8.0.21.jar:8.0.21]
at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.ClientPreparedStatement.executeInternal(ClientPreparedStatement.java:953) [mysql-connector-java-8.0.21.jar:8.0.21]
at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.ClientPreparedStatement.executeQuery(ClientPreparedStatement.java:1003) [mysql-connector-java-8.0.21.jar:8.0.21]
at org.apache.commons.dbcp2.DelegatingPreparedStatement.executeQuery(DelegatingPreparedStatement.java:83) [commons-dbcp2-2.1.jar:2.1]
at org.apache.commons.dbcp2.DelegatingPreparedStatement.executeQuery(DelegatingPreparedStatement.java:83) [commons-dbcp2-2.1.jar:2.1]
at com.atlassian.jira.ofbiz.sql.PreparedStatementWrapper.executeQuery(PreparedStatementWrapper.java:42) [classes/:?]
at com.atlassian.jira.diagnostic.connection.DiagnosticPreparedStatement.lambda$executeQuery$5(DiagnosticPreparedStatement.java:59) [classes/:?]
at com.atlassian.diagnostics.internal.platform.monitor.db.DefaultDatabaseDiagnosticsCollector.recordExecutionTime(DefaultDatabaseDiagnosticsCollector.java:69) [atlassian-diagnostics-platform-1.1.10.jar:?]
at com.atlassian.jira.diagnostic.connection.DatabaseDiagnosticsCollectorDelegate.recordExecutionTime(DatabaseDiagnosticsCollectorDelegate.java:55) [classes/:?]
at com.atlassian.jira.diagnostic.connection.DiagnosticPreparedStatement.executeQuery(DiagnosticPreparedStatement.java:59) [classes/:?]
at org.ofbiz.core.entity.jdbc.SQLProcessor.executeQuery(SQLProcessor.java:527) [entityengine-1.5.0.jar:?]
... 315 more
, referer=http://localhost:8080/secure/SetupLicense!default.jspa, servletErrorMessage=}
After having an easy time setting Confluence up, I'm a little confused as to why JIRA is causing me such grief.
I've looked at the compatibility charts and according to them, JIRA 8.12 should work with MySQL 8.
Any tips or pointers in getting this up and running would be very much appreciated.
Thanks
Rob