I know that Atlassian just released the Jira Roadmap feature for classic projects (see JSWCLOUD-17214 and https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/enable-and-disable-the-roadmap-1004952906.html).
Is it possible to get this roadmap to work with a Jira Service Desk (JSD) Project? I tried setting up a board in a classic project with a filter that only shows tickets from the one JSD project, but I get an error that I have to change the filter to only have tickets from the classic project the board is in.
When I create a personal board the option for the Beta Roadmap doesn't show up either. Any ideas or workarounds to start using the roadmap feature for a JSD project?
no that is not possible and TBH not sure it makes sense in the context of the designed uses of JSD.
Hi Jack,
I've come across this whilst looking into the following use case:
In my opinion roadmap for JSD absolutely makes sense. We use JSD to interact with our clients. However, to plan their projects we would definitely need roadmap.
If you think in the classical boxes of JSW and JSD, it could not make sense.
If you do not understand JSD as a tool for an internal it department but for agile work with clients, it does.
I do not understand why Atlassian does not roll out features more generic over JSW and JSD
I would wholeheartedly agree with Sebastian here.
We use JSD so our large clients can submit tickets for work requests. However, we are currently planning a large-scale project for that client, and I've just created a multitude of epics, only to discover that roadmaps aren't supported. So I'll need to create an entirely new, parallel project in JSW just to utilize the roadmapping feature
I could've used Roadmap in the Service Desk project too. The requests coming from users are large projects and Roadmap would've helped a lot in planning.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.