I've set my database collation to utf8mb4_bin which is supported by the latest version of JIRA:but I still can't pass the health check:What might be the problem here?
The database does not appear to be set to utf8mb4_bin - in the result line, it is reporting what the database has told it the collation on the Jira database is.
You'll need to change the collation of the data, as well as the database setting.
@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- I did everything from here:https://confluence.atlassian.com/kb/how-to-fix-the-collation-and-character-set-of-a-mysql-database-744326173.htmland I did this as well:
To fix this, the database collation needs to be corrected. The best and recommended way to achieve this is:
but I still can't pass the health check.Losing data for me is not an option.Here's the screenshot from my MySQL server:
The problem with this is that whatever database you are connecting to is telling Jira that it is set to utf8, not utf8mb4. Why is it reporting it like that?
@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- I've no idea. I didn't have this problem when I was using Jira 8.6.x and MySQL 5.6.47. I did everything from the documentation but it didn't solve my problem
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.