Hi, I'm new to JIRA Service desk (Classic Service desk project) but used to use another customer support tool.
I'm trying to set up a support page for our product, showing knowledge base articles and request form in the same page (or "Portal" in Service Desk term), so that customer can firstly search existing knowledge base articles and then choose to ask our support if they cannot find the desirable info in a same page/portal.
However, in my understanding, knowledge base created by Confluence cannot be inserted into "Portal" in JIRA Service desk, and "Request form" created by JIRA Service desk cannot be inserted into knowledge base cretaed by Confluence.
Could anyone help me to do it?
These are my further understandings of CANs/CANNOTs of these products. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
JIRA Service desk
- CAN create "Portal" which can show multiple request forms (actually I don't need multiple request forms), and can manage queues posted from the request forms
- CANNOT show/insert knowledge base created by Confluence into the "Portal"
- CAN insert knowledge base articles easily in each discussion with customer
- CAN search knowledge base articles directly from the search console at the top
Confluence
- CAN create "Knowledge base" with an independent URL
- CANNOT insert request form in each article.
- JIRA Service Desk agents CANNOT know previously reviewed knowledge base articles by customer