Is there a way in Jira Service Desk Cloud to prevent issues being cluttered with signature file images? We’re hearing many complaints from our users that it makes issues difficult to parse. Any ideas are welcomed! Thank you
Unfortunately no. The only real solution is to not include the signature. If the signature contains an attachment you’re a service desk sees this as an attachment. It can’t distinguish between a signature image and some other image.
@Sharon Helms We have a feature request suggesting this implementation:
- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-5878
Please, click on the vote and watch to receive updates about the feature
Thanks,
VR
I feel your pain. Perhaps train your agents to delete.
There is a Jira Admin global setting that handles email and signatures, and it is by project. I have not played with it. Let me know how it goes!
Thanks, @Jack Brickey ! By "not include the signature" do you mean that we would need to tell all of our customers to disable or change their signatures? Because I think that would be impossible...
Or is there a way for Jira admins to adjust settings to not include signatures when creating an issue from an email?
Thanks again -- Sharon
yes. i know, that is an unreasonable suggestion in most cases.
consider voting/watching - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-5878
consider too that this is not unique to Jira. I see the same issue discussed with the likes of Freshdesk, Zendesk, Spiceworks....
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.