I am unable to mention other users by @ in internal comments or reply to comments in our workspace (though strangely, when I @ while posting THIS question, I THEN have user suggestions appear).
My jira system admin and I have tried to follow the instructions here but they do not seem to work: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/jira-service-desk-agent-unable-to-mention-users-in-comment-779656281.html
There is another 1 colleague of mine on this system having this issue, but all other users seem to be working fine the way they should be.
@j.s.taskis , in the JIRA global permissions, do you have access to 'Browse users'?
Refer to https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/managing-global-permissions-776636359.html
I suspect you dont have and that is why you are not able to @mention users.
@Fazila Ashraf I do not but my boss does. I have looked over his shoulder when he was accessing global permissions and I'd been given 2 "roles".
1 being Service-desk and another being Customer-service (these 2 are slightly paraphrased because I can't 100% remember the names, however the jist is there).
I 100% agree that it must be a global permissions thing as I am able to @Fazila Ashraf here and not @ someone in my own workspace. I'm new to this so I appreciate you taking the time to help me out.
@j.s.taskis , the global permissions do not use roles but only group. I suppose you were looking at the project permissions.
Can you give this link https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/managing-global-permissions-776636359.html to your site admin and have them check on the 'Browse users' permission?
@Fazila Ashraf I have and he'll look at this when he can. I'll also ask him to reply to this article if it works/doesn't work
Hi Everyone!!
I've got the same problem with my jira user. All my colleagues can mention another project colleague but not me. Before I tell my admin, @j.s.taskis , Did you resolve it through these steps??
Thanks in advance!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.