Hi I have 30 "Closed Issue" But Resolution : Wont Fix
How Can I Closed Issue Resolution Change " Fix"
is it possible Closed Issue Change Resolution ?
Thankyou very much.
Best Regards.
Please use this link-
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/allow-editing-of-closed-issues-138704.html
There are a couple of things you need to think about here.
First, the closed status often has the "do not allow edit" flag set on it. That means you can't just click "edit" and change things, and you can't use bullk-edit to change things.
Secondly, the resolution field is an odd one which is not on the edit screen and should never be added to it
So, the hard way to do this would be to get all your users to stop using JIRA, enable edit by hacking the workflow, add the resolution field to the screen, use bulk-edit to change the issues, then remove the resolution field from the edit screen and then undo the workflow hack.
A safer option is to add a an "edit resolution" workflow transition from closed to closed (maybe with a condition of "only admins") and make that go through a new "edit resolution" screen, or even just set the resolution in a post-function.
I implement your last option in all my workflows. Eventually someone will want the resolution changed for some reason. I also have a required field 'Resolution Change Reason' in the transition screen.
It's what I do most of the time, depends on the client. I like the "resolution change reason" field suggestion
Hello,My "solution" is a little late and I'm not very experienced either.i'm in the process of getting involved with jira and have freedom to do anything. i started with a test ticket via an email that i own to follow my steps.i removed the "editor", "author" and "observer". then opened the ticket again to close it again with the "solution", then added the remote participants again. so i can be sure that the customers and staff don't get any mails about the change of the ticket.it's not a nice solution, but one that works.
An implicit filter to say the least.. the moment you touch it, it beomes all the more mandatory to be defined explicitly through Post Functions. else the task remains Incomplete..
hi
yes it is possible to change the resolutions in jira issues
you can use script runner field and then built in scripts and bulk edit resolution change your resolutions in issues
https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/5.5.8/jira/builtin-scripts.html
this is a plugin in jira and your admin can install it
Hi @kimiya majd , If i change the resolution field then the Resolved date also changed.
i don't want to change the resolved date.
The resolved date is the date the resolution was last changed. It's calculated from that change.
I added a transition (Add Missing Resolution) from Closed status back to Closed Status which is available for managers only. The transition brings up our resolution screen where we can edit the resolution.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.