I have written a VBA script for Jira using the rest API.
https://jira.name.com/rest/api/2/issue/issue-id
I am using Basic auth for authentication. The script was working fine until 2 days back it started giving me 403 errors.
The script is running fine for other people it is only me who is getting this issue.
T see if I lost the access I also tested the API in the browser,
I tried with the browser(Talend API tester), it is working fine there. it's only in the VBA it is showing errors
Dim JiraService As New MSXML2.XMLHTTP60
Dim json As Object 'for parsing response to json
Dim IssueId As String 'for getting the issue-id from the user
IssueId = JiraIssue.IssueId.Value 'getting issue id from the user
'if issue id is not available exit the function
If IssueId = "" Then Exit Function
With JiraService
.Open "GET", "https://jira.name.com/rest/api/2/issue/" & IssueId, False
.setRequestHeader "Content-Type", "application/json"
.setRequestHeader "Accept", "application/json"
.setRequestHeader "Authorization", "Basic " & UserPassBase64
.send ""
'if status 401 not authorized call method for login
If .Status = "401" Then
MsgBox "please Login" & vbNewLine & "invalid username/password"
If LoginForm.Visible = False Then
LoginForm.Show ' calling login pop-up box to get userid and password
End If
'if issue does not exist
ElseIf .Status = "404" Then
MsgBox "issue does not exists", vbInformation, "Not Found" 'sending message if no issue is found
Exit Function
'if user don't have permission to see the issue
ElseIf .Status = "403" Then
MsgBox "You do not have permission to view the specified issue", vbInformation, "Acess Denied"
Exit Function