I started testing out pipelines here will a full featured repo. The pipelines failed. Eventually, I troubleshot it down to discover that the issue is not with hosting, but the other features. The one I care most about is firebase functions.
The error is that ts-lint is missing. This makes me think that the problem has to do with "functions" not being at the root and the pipeline doesn't "understand" that. This repo, also has a front end so it's impractical to put functions at the root.
I run npm install, but this only works for the root project. I also added this to my pipeline:
`npm --prefix ./function install ./function
and that didn't seem to help either, as per here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/13498403/npm-install-dependencies-for-a-package-in-a-different-folder
Anyone have and solve this problem?
Wayne
ERROR:
<span>i deploying functions, hosting </span><span>Running command: npm --prefix "$RESOURCE_DIR" run lint</span><span>> functions@ lint /opt/atlassian/pipelines/agent/build/functions</span><span>> tslint --project <a href="https://bitbucket.org/wafka/smart-flip-admin/src/9719bdb01e55ba3a24042d245d0da95d7805d2a4/tsconfig.json" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">tsconfig.json</a></span><span>sh: 1: tslint: not found</span><span>npm ERR! file sh</span><span>npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE</span><span>npm ERR! errno ENOENT</span><span>npm ERR! syscall spawn</span><span>npm ERR! functions@ lint: `tslint --project tsconfig.json`</span><span>npm ERR! spawn ENOENT</span><span>npm ERR! </span><span>npm ERR! Failed at the functions@ lint script.</span><span>npm ERR! This is probably not a problem with npm. There is likely additional logging output above.</span><span>npm WARN Local <a href="https://bitbucket.org/wafka/smart-flip-admin/src/9719bdb01e55ba3a24042d245d0da95d7805d2a4/package.json" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">package.json</a> exists, but node_modules missing, did you mean to install?</span><span>npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:</span><span>npm ERR! /root/.npm/_logs/2020-09-10T14_12_48_386Z-debug.log</span><span>Error: functions predeploy error: Command terminated with non-zero exit code1</span><span>✖ Deployment failed.</span>