Trying to create Jira tickets from within Confluence (bother server). Looking for literal baby steps on "How To". Everything I've found so far is written for mid level to advanced users.
Help Appreciated!
THNX
To create a new Jira issue from within Confluence do the following:
You can also create an issue by highlighting some text on the page and select Create Issue that will be shown over the highlighted text.
See Use Jira applications and Confluence together for more information. Note that you (or your admin) have to set up the application links between Confluence and Jira for this to work.
Thank you for your response. My question should have been more specific.
I am familiar with that method.
The powers "at be" in this environment insist on using Jira REST API. To quote, "we do not want to see any evidence of Jira"... "All done through Confluence....".
Why, I not know. Not logical in my mind....have the tools, use them... but I digress.
I'm a middle weight with Jira/Confluence but as of yet unexposed to the REST API method.
Any help is appreciated.
Okay, then take a look at this one using direct HTML links to create Jira issues in Confluence. And here is a link to some REST API examples for creating issues, Performing issue operations. You may also want to check out the Atlassian Developer Community
Another option would be to to use the Issue collector, here is an old post about embedding it in Confluence.
Thank you sir! Off to do some reading.
Has anyone a basic working example of the following? https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/CONFIFORMS/Creating+Jira+issue+from+Confluence+with+ConfiForms
I've keyed, copied and read triple times and cannot make this simple example work.
My problem seems to be the JASON code needed for the IFTTT section.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.