Hello,
Is there a way to share an issue with someone who doesn't have permissions? I'd like to "share" an issue with someone but they can only have view access to the issue shared. They wouldn't be able to see any other issues in that project.
Hi Preston,
I do that with Issue Level Security.
I have create a custom single user picker field. Then I tie the Security Level to that field for access. It basically gives access to any issue for a user where their name is in that field.
Hi John!!
thank you for the quick reply. Do you mind detailing how you would do that? I'm still fairly new to all of this.
Sure! Start with this article and then post any questions you have along the way. :-)
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/configuring-issue-level-security-776636711.html
I would use a project role as you base security so only people on that project have access to the issues.
Then also add a line for the custom field that you have created
Hi John,
I created a Project Role (I'd rather it stay on the custom field only). I then created an issue security scheme.
I added the persons user to the custom field.
Have I missed something?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.