Apologies legends but I've wasted too much time looking into this and can't find an answer so clearly I'm doing something wrong.
My company is moving to Jira from a hosted Redmine provider who also hosts our repositories. Prior to that we hosted our own git server. I am currently in the process of moving all of our repositories to BitBucket.
After cloning or creating a new repo the git url references my user account.
e.g.
git clone https://my-name@bitbucket.org/workspace-name/repo-name.git
Looking at the URL format I think I can see the problem but I'm struggling to accept the conclusion. My tumble down the rabbit hole tells me that if I leave the company:
- Each and every repo needs to be transferred one by one to another team member.
- Every other team member then needs to update their locals.
- This would also happen when any other developer that created a repo leaves the company
Is this correct?
Surely they can be assigned to / owned by the Organisation we set up in Jira?
Man I hope I'm doing something wrong.
Thanks.