Hi,
I have upgraded my old jira server + agile from 6.2.5 to 6.4 and it seems to be working, but after that I tried to upgrade to 7.1 and it is throwing below error.
Please let me know what can be the issue.
I do not think this is a very clear message in some ways, but it does tell you what is going on.
Your Jira has and old expired licence that ended on the 24th March 2015. Jira 6.2.4 was released before then, so you were entitled to upgrade to it, but 7.1 was released after it so you can not use it.
You say you have a valid licence for Jira Software - you will need to apply it to the system - use the link at the bottom for "update stored licence".
However, do not do that yet. Go back to your 6.4 installation and update the licence on that. Then perform an upgrade to 7.0.11
Upgrading from 6 to 7.1 or above has some problems, ones you may not even discover until you reach 7.8 or above. Do not skip 7.0.
Once you're on 7.0, you'll find an upgrade to 7.anything-you-want to be quite fast and error free (believe me, I was only doing 6.3 to 8.5 literally at 1am this morning, with an expired licence problem even more badly described than the one you have!)
Hi @PravinU
Do you have valid support for your Jira license?
It seems like you have not purchased support/ maintenance for your Jira license.
Support might not br updated but I have valid license for jira and Jira agile
You can not upgrade to versions which are released after the support for you license expired.
Hence if you wish to upgrade to a Jira version which was released after the support for your Jira license expired, you need to purchase the support first.
Also checkout the below comment by Nic regarding the upgrades.
Ohh, was not aware that I need to purchase support first. Below comment from Nic tells that it can be done, isant that true anymore?
Thanks, will give a try, hopefully without support license I can upgrade
You can only upgrade to a version that is released before the end of your current licence.
Your current one says 2015 on it, so a renewal isn't of much use, you should just buy a new annual licence - that'll enable the upgrade.
Thats sad. So I cant upgrade to Jira version 7 without paying another licence fees?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.