How to disable email notifications from jira service desk cloud when case is closed?
Hi @Marek and welcome to the Community!
If you are simply trying to disable the notification that is generated when the issue moves from Resolved (or Canceled) to Closed, the solution given to me by Support was to disable "Customer-visible status changed" in the project's Customer notifications settings.
This will turn off any status change notifications that do not include a public comment, such as Reply to customer.
If this answers your question please consider marking the answer as Accepted, as this will help others find the solution in the future!
Darryl
Here's what I have done to stop those annoying Resolved-2-Closed email notifications:
I wish I could just remove post function #5 and hopefully the above solution did not break anything else.
I want to disable email notification that is generated when case is closed and send to agents.
This is what I have changed but agents are still receiving emails when case(s) is closed.
Are changes being made on the issue still after closure?
Cause then it is linked to the issue updated part. (and might be a best practice to restrict that).
Then if they are watchers or the assignee they will still get them when the "Issue Updated" is triggered.
Issue Closed will only handle the transition towards the Closed status.
Do you see what email they get exactly? Is is a notification template you can relate back to a specific action?
It can also be that you have a "Send Email" postfunction on the Transition to Closed (which is then not handled by the notification scheme) depending on whether you have some apps able to send emails.
Those emails are generated by automation rule:
This rule came out of the box when I setup IT Service Desk.
@Marek ,
All that that rules does it move the issue to the "closed" status. This doens't send email on its own.
The transition to the status however that could be an event that sends an email.
If the notification scheme doesn't send anything you can always see whether there is an email postfunction set up on the state transition on the flow itself.
(or see if there is another automation set up to send out an email when the issue goes to closed)
So if I disable "Generic Event" I would not receive an email notifications when case is closed by the automated task?
Is that generic event used for anything else?
I believe I'm experiencing the same thing. I've removed everybody from the Issue Closed notification as well (like the image above). Has anybody found a fix?
Following as I recently started having the same issue. I receive email notification every time a ticket is closed that I was associated with. I disabled the Autowatch feature, but that has not solved the problem.
I have the same issue but as far as i can see in this thread there's still no definite solution available.
@kees.van.leeuwen After I did step 1-3, notifications for Closed cases ceased.
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/Re-disable-email-notification-when-case-is-closed/qaq-p/2016139/comment-id/104356#M104356
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.