The password policy for jira options disappeared
I can only access it from the URL /secure/admin/EditPasswordPolicy!default.jspa
Hi Mohamed,
I understand this is Jira Server, and that you are unable to see the option within the System menu for the Password Policy. The fact that you can visit that URL directly shows you have permissions here. So I don't know why that link does not appear on that screenshot you posted. Could you please let me know what version of Jira Server you are using here?
I can't seem to reproduce this problem so far in my 8.11.0 version, but perhaps there is a yet undocumented bug here that might cause this behavior. I tried to see if setting up a user to have just Jira-administrator and not Jira-system-administrator permissions would hide this, but alas it does not restrict Jira admins from seeing this resource in the system menus.
I also noticed that you have a Structure tab on your screenshot. There is another possibility that perhaps some add-on in Jira is causing this unexpected behavior. You could follow the steps in Disabling and enabling apps in order to start up Jira without any other plugins. This should only be a temporary troubleshooting step. This could be a good test to see if perhaps one of the addons might be causing this.
I'd also be interested to see if using another browser displays this differently (Firefox, Chrome, Safari, etc). When testing a different browser it might help to try to use the incongito/private browsing mode, just in case there is some kind of corrupt cookie/caching issue in the browser causing this, those modes can help confirm the problem is isolated to a specific browser session.
Try those steps and let me know the results. I am interested to learn more here.
Andy
@Andy Heinzer Thank you so much for your response, I have disabled almost all the app from the marketplace and restart the service. However, I still do not see the password policy option, I confirm that I have a sysadmin and admin permission. I also tried different browsers and I still cannot see the option..
Jira version 8.11
You could try to take a closer look at your announcement banner. Sometimes admins can put in HTML or javascript code in this to modify the appearance of the site. If you have some code here, you could temporarily remove it from there to test if this makes any difference.
If not though, I'm not sure what else could cause this behavior. So far I cannot seem to replicate the described behavior. I also have not found any reports of a bug that might cause this.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.