I am using ubuntu 14.04 plz helpfatal: unable to access 'https://bitbucket.org/': gnutls_handshake() failed: Handshake failed
me too.
I am using ubuntu 14.04fatal: unable to access 'https://bitbucket.org/': gnutls_handshake() failed: Handshake failed
apt-get update && apt-get install curl this isn't worked for me
I have the same problem, still trying to find a solution. So far what I know is it's becuase there is no cipher in common between git and bitbucket. Upgrading to 16.04 fixes it, but I have machines that must stay on 14.04. Another option is to use SSH instead of HTTPS but I am trying to figure out a way to get the machines that are using HTTPS to continue working.
One thing that once would have worked but does not seem to now is upgrading git from the ppa - sadly, the ppa only goes to git version 2.28 and in order to be able to specify ciphers in config (as discussed in https://stackoverflow.com/questions/13114268/passing-ciphers-to-libcurl-through-git) one must have git 2.5. Apparently once upon a time the ppa had git 2.5, I can't figure out why it doesn't now.
I was able to get it working by installing new versions of libcurl and openssl, and then compiling git from source. Trying to figure out a easier/smoother path now
Hi all,
I'm sorry you've had some trouble with service interruption on your Ubuntu 14.04 servers. This was a scheduled change to remove some less secure cyphers from Bitbucket Cloud - announced in February on this blog post.
I would suggest that Ubuntu 14.04 is past its end-of-life, so I do have concerns about recommending PPAs to get the correct versions of openssl or git that have the correct cypher support. 14.04 is no longer receiving security updates from Canonical, so the most correct action to take is upgrading to a version that's still in support and working through the packages that you need at a lower version from there. I know this might not be the answer you want to hear, but I strongly suggest trying to upgrade from a security perspective.
Cheers,Daniel | Atlassian Support
how did you do this plz mentioned the steps
Hi , we did the upgrade to 16.06 and still occur...
curl updated as well
any recommendations?
This response is why I increasingly hate and avoid the cloud. You should generally not use the cloud to build anything you want to work in 10 years unless you can constantly maintain it.
I am increasingly hoping the idea of the cloud dies.. because
A: There is no cloud, it's just somebody else's computer
B: Every cloud service run by a company has a bunch of people who need to justify their salaries who will be wanting to change it
C: Those people will also often make decisions that break whatever you're doing. For example, the less secure ciphers are not really that big a security problem for a lot of us - you have to be in a position where a attacker can observe your traffic and wants to crack your authentication - and a simple warning could have been issued for undesirable ciphers, but instead your company decided to make everyone who you consider to be running too old a version of the operating system simply cease working. This behavior is common. Then, instead of offering advice on how to fix it, you assume that we're running servers in situations that *can* be upgraded.
Another thing that people don't understand is that because of the effects of #B - every bit of software out there is being constantly adjusted by various people - at some point software peaks, that is, it's the best it can be for a certain application - but people continue to change it. Some "upgrades" are actually downgrades - either because they offer the user less control over the application, they use more resources to achieve the same goal, or sometimes they're just plain broken. Not wanting to upgrade a operating system is a valid choice.
On the list of annoying bugs, that I can't delete a reply is definitely up there. Maybe might be a more effective use of your company's time to fix things like that, rather than turning off ciphers.
sudo bash
mkdir upgrade
cd upgrade
wget https://www.openssl.org/source/openssl-1.1.1g.tar.gz
tar xpvfz openssl-1.1.1g.tar.gz
cd openssl-1.1.1g
./configure
make ; make install
cd ..
wget https://curl.haxx.se/download/curl-7.72.0.tar.gz
tar xpvfz curl-7.72.0.tar.gz
cd curl.7.72.0
./configure --with-ssl=/usr/local/ssl
git clone https://github.com/git/git
cd git
vi Makefile, change prefix= line to /usr instead of home
(Note github, at least for now, is not disabling ciphers. )
issue is after atlassian update and already answered [SOLVED] here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bitbucket-questions/Cannot-pull-from-bitbucket-using-https-on-ubuntu-14-04/qaq-p/1466826?tempId=eyJvaWRjX2NvbnNlbnRfbGFuZ3VhZ2VfdmVyc2lvbiI6IjIuMCIsIm9pZGNfY29uc2VudF9ncmFudGVkX2F0IjoxNTk4ODY4NjYxNjQ1fQ%3D%3D#U1469190
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.