I am planning to use import/export feature to port my existing Jira Cloud Instance to a brand new Jira Cloud instance. The new instance will be used only temporarily to verify some gnarly data alignment (to account for some sins of the past).
I am referencing this article:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-migrate-projects-from-one-jira-cloud-application-to-another-779160766.html
If the target site has no existing data (clean new site)
Prepare a full export of your backup with attachments using the Jira Backup Manager as per Exporting issues.
Import the backup generated above to your new cloud site as per Importing issues.
Delete any unwanted projects.
Disable users which are not needed (as it will import all users from the destination instance) by removing them from all groups and application access.
I have concerns with #4. Does anyone have past experience insight on this path in terms of user impact?
My concerns/questions include:
- Are you users alerts of the new site import?
- Can they readily get to the new site?
- Do I need to disable my hundreds of users one by one by hand?
- Are users alerted of being disabled?
- Any cost impact?
- Any other gotchas?
Thanks in advance for any insight or help!