server.xml file: https://gist.github.com/bearcatsandor/c056044ad9993d1bfcb8af8b283f666e
nginx vhost file: https://gist.github.com/bearcatsandor/c67848be559ef5267efb580ca826ce6f
ngnx main config:
https://gist.github.com/bearcatsandor/bc08522d81fcdf19037ffa2a3f278dd8
(gist links to reduce clutter)
I've been trying and giving up on https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/configure-jira-server-to-run-behind-a-nginx-reverse-proxy-426115340.html for about year. I have certbot serving the certificates, but when i try to connect to https://agility.felinesoulsystems.net:8081/ I get "agility.felinesoulsystems.net sent an invalid response. ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR"
As you can see, by the comments that Certbot liberally applies, Certbot made a lot of changes to my nginx server file, but I don't see any glaring errors in that.
There are two things that confuse me here:
1) On the atlassian page referenced above, it states that one should use the second nginx example for ssl, but it doesn't include any of the location directives. Why?
2) A similar question was asked and the accepted answer was:
In server.xml, you will need to include only the below parameter
scheme="https" proxyName="jira.example.com" proxyPort="443"
Does that mean that server.xml should only include that line, and tomcat/jira applies the rest of the xml recipies based on those parameters, or that it's the only thing in a particular section. If the latter, which section?
Thank you all in advance for any help given. I'm in a bit of a panic, as my university work goes full steam next week and i use Jira to track my life. I had Jira working just fine for localhost before all this, but i need to access it remotely via ssh. I'd love to have this worked out in the next 3 days.