Hi Team,
Is there any way we can find out what custom fields are part of each project through jira UI or SQL query?
Hi @Vineela Durbha ,
You can use the rest api for fields. It returns all the fields. By default custom fields are common for all classic projects. But in next-gen projects custom fields are project specific and the rest api response includes project id association for next-gen custom fields.
https://{jiraserver}/rest/api/3/field
@Mehmet A _Bloompeak_
Thanks for your reply. I was looking for a way to be done through SQL query or something.
I will look into the rest api even. Thanks for your help
Hi @Vineela Durbha
If you're a Jira Admin you will be able to see the custom fields here Cog-wheel icon -> Issues -> Custom fields
Please click on that and filter the Projects to find out which custom fields are used in the projects or you can also see the projects in the Available Contexts column where the custom fields are associated to those specified projects.
I hope this will help you!
Thanks
Kinnera
Not very straight forward but possible.
..and I am sure I missed something but if you look at the schema then in few hours you can write these queries. I prefer dumping the output in Excel and not create too many joins, which makes it difficult to get the results especially from a big instance.
You can either run these queries directly on database (please not on production) or use ScriptRunner to execute SQL using Groovy from the console.
Or you can write Groovy scripts to fetch the same information using Jira Java API.
Sorry I don't have SQL queries to share at the moment but I hope it was helpful.
Ravi
How about the fields on tickets which are hidden due to issue security schemes?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.