Hey Team,
I would like to know how to get the Pull Request title as a Variable in Pipeline.
The below document gives a list of default variables, but can't find what I am looking for.
https://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket-cloud/docs/variables-in-pipelines/
You can get the title of a pull-request via the API.
https://developer.atlassian.com/bitbucket/api/2/reference/resource/repositories/%7Bworkspace%7D/%7Brepo_slug%7D/pullrequests/%7Bpull_request_id%7D
The BITBUCKET_PR_ID is available as environment variable if the pipeline is a pull-request pipeline.
I am getting the error
Access denied. You must have write or admin access.
and I am the Admin of the Repo and Workspace.
Also is there a way I can get the Pull request title as a Variable just like BITBUCKET_PR_ID?
@tony.thomas Yes, as written, you can get the PR title as output from the API. The output can be assigned to a variable (e.g. with utilities like jq or similar).
This requires using the API successfully first. Please check the existing Q&A and support resources for that incl. trouble-shooting. Some more references:
If it still does not work for you, please provide the example.
Example with the curl and the jq utilities (working API authentication with necessary access rights required):
- | BITBUCKET_PR_TITLE="$(\ curl ... -fsS -H 'Content-Type: application/json' \ "https://api.bitbucket.org/2.0/repositories/${BITBUCKET_REPO_FULL_NAME}"\ "/pullrequests/${BITBUCKET_PR_ID}" \ | jq -r '.title')" \ ; test "$BITBUCKET_PR_TITLE"
@tony.thomas , you can add on the curl command provided by @ktomk a header for bearer token:
--header 'Authorization: Bearer XXXXXX'
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.