This is something I've gone back and forth on for a while now (well the 3 years I've been using Jira) and would like to see how other Jira administrators are approaching this.
We have an IT operations department with 6 different teams. The usual staples like Service Desk, Infrastructure, etc. We have about 100 agent licenses spread across these teams.
Do you put everyone in a single project and build queues/custom fields to separate workloads or do you have a separate project for each team? And what pros and cons have you come across?
We currently have separate projects for each team but find escalating issues through "moving" them between projects too cumbersome and the customer portal being too busy - but is otherwise good to have a clear distinction between workloads.
I've never been able to find any kind of best practice guidance from Atlassian on this but the recent Early Access ITSM Project seems to lean more towards a single project for all teams.