Hi,
I am currently working on an amendment for sending notifications when a ticket is commented.
With the current default configuration on JIRA v8.3.x, when a comment is added into a ticket, an email is sent to people listing the initiator or the comments, issue type icon, and issue key

The image above is using the default template
I recently has a request from JIRA user that they would also like the current status of the ticket
I looked into some documentation and found out that the template can be modified by editing the 'macros.vm' file located in WEB-INF/classes/templates/email/
I managed to locate where the template can be modified by editing the line below
#set ($issueLink = "<a href='${baseurl}/browse/${issue.getKey()}'>#renderIssueTypeIcon(${issueType}) $textutils.htmlEncode($issue.getKey())</a>")
to...
#set ($issueLink = "<a href='${baseurl}/browse/${issue.getKey()}'>#renderIssueTypeIcon(${issueType}) $textutils.htmlEncode($issue.getKey())</a> paste status here")
This is the result i got when commenting on a ticket:

So i decided the add the issue status parameter instead by adding {issue.getStatus()}
#set ($issueLink = "<a href='${baseurl}/browse/${issue.getKey()}'>#renderIssueTypeIcon(${issueType}) $textutils.htmlEncode($issue.getKey())</a> {issue.getStatus()}")
But this is the result i get....

It looks like it did capture the status but i would like to see the status in GUI format. (Just like the issue type icon)
Any ideas on how i can achieve this?
Cheers,
Jason