I need to migrate Jira software from server A to server B.
Server A runs a postgresql database and Jira 8.3, server B runs an oracle DB and also Jira 8.3.
I am confused by the documentation:
here it says:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver083/migrating-jira-applications-to-another-server-976767611.html
"In this method, you'll need to create an XML backup of your database instead of a native one. That's because the native backup might not be compatible with your new database or operating system."
Which I understand as: Use the in Jira integrated XML backup-function.
But when I check the documentation about backups it says:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/backing-up-data-938847673.html
"For production use, it is strongly recommended that for regular backups, you use native database backup tools instead of Jira's XML backup service."
Does that only count for regular backups or also for these Migration purposes?
Which method should I use for my case?
Jira XML backup or DB Backup with e.g. pgadmin4.
Thanks