Hi everyone,
My team has used Jira Software for a number of years and we have just decided to adopt Jira Service Desk. I'm in the process of configuring this and my manager wants users to be able to associate Jira Service Desk tickets to specific Jira Software projects as they create a request. I was able to
- Create a custom field using the Advanced Field type - "Project Picker (single project)"
- Set the required default project
- Add it to the appropriate request types
In Project settings/Request types, I can now see the custom field in the "Hidden fields with preset values" section and hovering over the grayed out Show link shows a popup that says "This field type can't be shown in the customer portal". Agents and requestors can use this field after something has been submitted but this isn't optimal for our environment.
Is it possible to change a setting that will allow this field type to be used on a request form?
If this field type can't be used on a request form, is it possible to have a screen open after submitting a request giving a user the option to choose a project association?
[Edit] I am using the cloud version of Jira Service Desk.
Thanks!
Tim