I'm looking to automate a daily notification email from an outlook account to create a bug service ticket in Service desk. Is this possible with Jira Service Desk out of the box? Thanks.
@larias Is there a reason you need to do it with an email? I would suggest you consider using Project automation's Schedule Trigger to spin up a new ticket each day. Much cleaner to setup & manage.
Hi Trevan - The short answer is this is a legacy application script that generates the daily email when the ETL job has completed. I'm trying to automate the process for when a failure has occurred and track it in Jira service desk.
Gotcha, so the email is happening anyway. If there's certain text in the subject line you could still use Project Automation to check the subject line for those words and spin up a new issue when those emails came in.
That's doable, the email title is constant with the exception to the last word which can be Success or Failed. I've never used Project Automation so a few tips would be appreciated. Thanks.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.