Looking at the REST API documentation setting close_source_branch:true should delete the source branch after a Pull request has been merged.
https://developer.atlassian.com/bitbucket/api/2/reference/resource/repositories/%7Bworkspace%7D/%7Brepo_slug%7D/pullrequests/%7Bpull_request_id%7D/merge
I create a new branch with changes:
curl -sk -X POST -u 'user:pass' --url 'https://api.bitbucket.org/2.0/repositories/alconpc/cdit-dnr-test-1/src' -F "message=testing rest $(date) [skip ci]" -F 'branch=feature/rest-test' -F 'parents=develop' -F '/documents/config-file-one.yml=@a' -F '/documents/config-file-new.yml=@a'
I validate this works on the BB GUI, next I create the PR:
curl -sk -X POST -u 'user:pass' --url 'https://api.bitbucket.org/2.0/repositories/alconpc/cdit-dnr-test-1/pullrequests' -H 'Content-Type: application/json' --data '{"close_source_branch":true,"description":"automated process to update config files via REST","destination":{"branch":{"name":"develop"}},"source":{"branch":{"name":"feature/rest-test"}},"title":"Update config files date","type": "pullrequest"}' | jq .{"rendered": {"description": {............
I also verify that the PR was created with the delete branch option
curl -sk -X GET -u 'user:pass' --url 'https://api.bitbucket.org/2.0/repositories/alconpc/cdit-dnr-test-1/pullrequests/7' | jq .close_source_branchtrue
So I expect that when I merge the PR it will delete feature/rest-test
curl -sk -X POST -u 'user:pass' --url 'https://api.bitbucket.org/2.0/repositories/alconpc/cdit-dnr-test-1/pullrequests/7/merge' | jq .{"rendered": {"description": {
However it is not deleted
I am not sure what I am doing incorrectly so that it is not deleting.
I have also tried adding the close_source_branch to the merge:
curl -ski -X POST -u 'user:pass' --url 'https://api.bitbucket.org/2.0/repositories/alconpc/cdit-dnr-test-1/pullrequests/3/merge' --data '{"close_source_branch":true,"type":"pullrequest"}'
and it does not help.
The above does work if you remember to include
Content-Type: application/json
in the headers
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BCLOUD-17883
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.