Hi - can ProForma data be scraped into a Jira field to allow it to be queried?
Hey Paul,
You can map/link a ProForma field to a Jira field, against which you can then run queries. I don't think you can scrape existing form data that hasn't been previously linked though.
Thanks for the response John, we had seen that but had hoped to be able to avoid creating one to one mappings between ProForma fields and custom fields, instead noted that Proforma stored it's state in the issue's meta data, and hopted there was an example of accessing that in a post function ? or any other cunning way to populate an indexed field ...
Maybe @andrewd can help answer that.
I'm Andrew, Support Engineer for ThinkTilt's ProForma product.
ProForma stores its data directly in Jira, without using any external database. The data is stored in Jira entity properties on the issues and projects in your Jira instance. ProForma accesses the data by using Jira's APIs. The forms and form templates are stored as JSON data structures. As yet, we don’t have a public API but it is on the roadmap.
What exactly is your business use-case for accessing the form data? Are you willing to share that? I see you mention Post Functions? We have had other’s who have extracted data and we have supported them to access their data via Scriptrunner etc.
Additional to John's response of linking ProForma form fields to Jira fields, there are some limitations with which in-built Jira fields you can link to. See more info about that -- as well as our suggested workarounds for it -- in our documentation linked here .
Nevertheless, you can create custom Jira fields and link to those fields in your forms for reporting purposes too. It should be noted that any Jira fields linked to a ProForma field will be searchable via JQL.
Currently in terms of data exporting, I thought I would also inform you of the ability to download form data in one of two ways:
Does any of this info help?
Let me know how you go.
Regards,
Andrew.
Hi everyone,
I'm with ProForma and I wanted to let you know that we've added some scripts to our documentation for dumping data from multiple ProForma fields into the Jira description field. You can find the Cloud script here and the Server script here.
Is there any update on this issue ?
Thanks!
Hey, maybe I am 2 years late, but I found this:
Data Dump - ProForma Developer Documentation - Confluence (atlassian.net)
Yes, I believe that is the same link that Jennifer listed above.
Were you actually able to get the console instructions to work? Following the documentation I just keep getting Null values.
Hello @andrewd,;
Could you or others please tell me the meaning of {{issue.properties."proforma.forms.i1".state.visibility}}
and
{{issue.properties."proforma.forms.i1".state.status}}
And how to change these values?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.