Is there a way that you can actually close down a Jira project once ithas come to an end. Or do these just stay open permanently?
thanks
They stay open unless you choose to do something with them.
There's no such thing as "close" for a project, as it tends to mean different things to different people. You'll need to define what you mean by a closed project.
I tend to have a permissions scheme that is "read only, except admins can do a couple of things in the workflow to close issues and move issues to other projects". That prevents the users from putting anything else in the project, while retaining the information in it. A common variation is to make it readable only by the system admins, so it disappears entirely. But it's up to you to decide what behaviour you want from a "closed" project.
(Oops, I should add, I usually just change the permissions scheme on projects I want to "close" and leave everything else in place. Some people change the notifications and other stuff, but I don't see the point if I've locked it down so nothing can really happen there)
Thanks Nic - the project was a proof of concept that has now been put to bed and will evolve into something else completely separately from the PoC development. I was simply trying to tie up loose ends on the admin side, so perhaps changing the permissions is the right answer.Cheers.
This is exactly what I would like to do as well. I'm still new to JIRA. How do I change the permissions scheme? I feel like I've been reading a lot of documentation and clicking around wildly just getting myself lost in the process.
See the document below for more information:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Archiving+a+Project
Cheers.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.