Let me give some background first.....
I'm using Service Desk to let my JIRA users request changes to JIRA that are beyond the permissions scope for Project Administrators (e.g. new custom fields, new add-ons, etc.)
I'm using a single request type for all JIRA users so I want to let them pick the relevant project name from a custom field listing all project names (in order to eliminate back and forth questions and also because people don't read the help text where I ask them to insert the project name in the description field.)
I created a custom field "Project Name" using JMCF add-on that lets me use Groovey to grab an ArrayList of project names using:
ComponentAccessor.getProjectManager().getProjectObjects().name
I've having two problems with that field:
1. When I add it to the request type as a new field, it says it cannot be shown (must be hidden), which defeats the purpose of having that fields in the first place since i want the user to select the relevant project name for the requested change.
2. When I view an issue that field shows with error: Formula did not return a valid Option value
My question:
Has anybody experienced this problem and been able to solve it? Any suggestions on getting past this roadblock?
Thanks, all!