I am able to create a Classic service desk project using API but i am unable to create a next-gen project.
Hello @Stakater SRE _ 1,
Welcome to Atlassian Community!
When using next-gen, currently, there are no APIs available to create this type of project via API.
For more details, please check the documentation below:
There is no public REST API available to create project-scoped entities like issue types, statuses, and custom fields.
Please, watch the feature request below to receive future updates:
Regards,Angélica
Hi @Angélica Luz ,
Is this conclusion still relevant a year later? I cannot find any documentation on how to create next-gen projects using the API.
Hello @Niek Verkoelen,
Thank you for reaching out to Community!
I checked the API documentation and the templates to create next-gen projects (team-managed) are available. I just tested here and it works.
The API can be found here: https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v3/api-group-projects/#api-rest-api-3-project-post
On the Project Template Key there are the following options that are the next-gen ones:
com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira:gh-simplified-agility-kanban and com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira:gh-simplified-agility-scrum
I used that cURL example to create the project and removed those features that are not available in next-gen, for example, notification scheme, issue security.
Here is the example:
curl -v --request POST \--url 'https://domain.atlassian.net/rest/api/3/project' \--user 'email@domain.com:<API_TOKEN>' \--header 'Accept: application/json' \--header 'Content-Type: application/json' \--data '{"description": "Cloud migration initiative","leadAccountId": "user id","url": "http://atlassian.com","avatarId": 10200,"projectTemplateKey": "com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira:gh-simplified-agility-kanban","name": "Example","assigneeType": "PROJECT_LEAD","projectTypeKey": "software","key": "EX"}'
Please, take your time to test and let us know how it goes.
Kind regards,Angélica
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.