Recently we 'upgraded' to Confluence Cloud.
I use the excel macro a lot and I noticed that the pages are not showing as before.
If I check the macro I notice that a lot of the options are missing:
Show Grid?
Worksheet Name
Last Row
Last Column
Hello @Amelie !
As I understand, the Office Excel macro does not work as expected and some options are not present when compared with the Server version of the macro.
I would like to first address the “a lot of the options are missing”. When we look into the Server documentation for the macro, those options are indeed present:
[Confluence Server] Office Excel Macro
However, if we go over to the Cloud documentation those options are not present:
[Confluence Cloud] Insert the Office Excel macro
The first excerpt from the page above talks about the excel macro not meeting the expectations:
A note on the Excel macro We've received feedback that the Excel macro doesn't meet expectations in some cases. There are some known issues with it right now, which are detailed below. So why are we proceeding with the rollout? We're making infrastructure changes for the overall benefit of Confluence users, but they mean that we can't keep the old Office and PDF macros working much longer. We need to proceed with the rollout so we can move forward with the infrastructure changes that have a much wider impact than this macro. In saying that, we, of course, genuinely care about every user's experience with Confluence, and always want it to be the best. If you're having real trouble with the new file viewer in the Excel macro, comment on this issue and let us know. There unfortunately isn't a short-term fix, as we do need to move off the old Excel macro, but we'll keep working on a better solution for the Excel macro.
A note on the Excel macro
We've received feedback that the Excel macro doesn't meet expectations in some cases. There are some known issues with it right now, which are detailed below. So why are we proceeding with the rollout? We're making infrastructure changes for the overall benefit of Confluence users, but they mean that we can't keep the old Office and PDF macros working much longer. We need to proceed with the rollout so we can move forward with the infrastructure changes that have a much wider impact than this macro.
In saying that, we, of course, genuinely care about every user's experience with Confluence, and always want it to be the best. If you're having real trouble with the new file viewer in the Excel macro, comment on this issue and let us know. There unfortunately isn't a short-term fix, as we do need to move off the old Excel macro, but we'll keep working on a better solution for the Excel macro.
I went to the ticket about Feedback on the Office Connector and noticed that you already voiced your needs there:
[Confluence Cloud] Feedback on the new Office Connector file viewer
With this in mind, I need to inform that currently there is no workaround to the behavior we are facing with the macro. Since you already commented there, I would recommend you to vote for the report as well.
Let us hear from you!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.