I desperately need outgoing email logs to resolve why issue created notifications are not being sent to gmail accounts. This is critical to going live. Could I please get some help with this questions? Usually questions are never answered?
Hi Trena,
sorry if your questions are not getting answered. My experience is that most post in the Community do get answered for sure.
In any event, I don't use Gmail for any official activity but do have some Gmail accounts for test purposes and have not had issues that I recall. You mention you need "logs to resolve why...". Can you share what your logs are actually showing if anything. Do you have non-gmail accounts that are receiving notifications? I assume you have reviewed your Notification scheme and everything looks good?
Jack, thank you for reaching out. I have clients that can sent a service request via email (gmail Yahoo etc) the email auto generates a service ticket. This is all working correctly. However, issue created notification is not being sent. This was working in next gen, but due to some limitations we had to migrate to classic and now notifications are not being sent. Nothing was changed in the scheme. If I use my company email to test everything works, using my personal gmail and yahoo it does not receive any notifications (issue created or any changes except for cancelled status change). I need to customer to receive the notifications. The notification help says the reporter receives created notices however they are not being sent. I need to get this rectified today for a roll out tomorrow? I can find incoming email logs but no outgoing to try to traces any errors.Please let me know if you need more information to help me out with this issue.
Jack, thank you for you response I cannot find the outgoing logs to determine why they are not going, notification helper displays created notification is being sent, yet it is not received? Our clients send emails which auto generates a service request. They are not receiving notifications except when the request is cancelled. When I use my company email this all works great, when I set myself up as a customer with the organization using my personal account yahoo or gmail the ticket is created however, no notifications are received except when the issue is cancelled. This was working in next gen but due to limitations we had to migrate to classic service desk and the notifications are not being sent to yahoo or gmail accounts? Here are some screen shots hoping this will help resolve the issue:Customer notifications:
Default notification Scheme:
is your user (not receiving emails) a Customer or an internal (Agent or collaborator) user? If a customer then the first image applies, whereas internal the later.
Do notifications go to any users?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.