So I am a bit new to upgrading our Jira Service Desk instance and I struggle immensely with getting Jira to boot back up successfully. Below are the steps I follow, please let me know it can be improved and please share your tips/tricks in where to look/what to look for when troubleshooting Jira not starting back up after the upgrade.
- Take snapshot of VM
- Run update check
- Update all apps
- Clean up Temp/Log folder
- Run upgrade installer
- Delete hidden plugin cache folders(.bundled-plugin and .osgi-plugin) folders
- I normally make a copy of the original file and and add an underscore at the end of the name, then copy over the modified file so I know which files were modified easily. I use FarManager to browse the backup archive/main Jira folders. Normally the files that are modified (FOR ME) are:
- Server.xml
- Web.xml
- Robots.txt
email-template-id-mappings.xml
- Outlook-email.translations
- crm-plugin.properties
- Jirawebactionsupport.properties