I'm new to Confluence. I'm creating a space to track information about our competitors. Each competitor (company) will have its own page. I started by creating a template page called "Competitor Template" in which I created a table with information like "Website", "HQ Location", "Size", etc. I also added a few headers below for "Notes about competitor", etc.
Every time we add a new competitor page to this space, we'll base it off that template and update the information on the new page with info about the specific company in question.
My issue is rooted in the fact that I'll likely want to make changes to the type of information we're tracking about our competitors. For example, I may want to add a section for press releases from each company. Or maybe add an "Annual Revenue" row to the table on each page.
My gut tells me that updating the master template would solve this. However, I've tested it a couple times with no luck. The changes don't cascade down to the pages that were built using that template.
My question: is there a mechanism in Confluence that'd enable me to set up a true template page that would dynamically update all of its child pages when an update is made to the original template?