Using Jira Software 8.5. When creating issues via "create" at the top of the navbar I am required to input a sprint value. I am unable to leave it blank and let the issue go into the backlog. Is this normal functionality? I have been reading through the enterprise release notes and nothing suggests that its changed.
Hi @Rodrigo Angulo ,
An admin of your site has likely changed the Field Configuration and made the Sprint field required.
@Michael Andolfatto Thanks for the quick response. I am the admin of our environment. The field configuration 'operations' column does not show anything other than 'screens' as an option for the field 'sprint'. Edit/Hide/or Required do not appear.
@Rodrigo Angulo are you able to check the Create transition of the workflow tied to the issue you're raising? There may be a validator on it causing the restriction.
@Michael Andolfatto just got the chance to check, No validator is there that would indicate that is causing the restriction.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.