The documentation here: https://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket-cloud/docs/push-back-to-your-repository/ implies that if I use an OauthConsumer I can write back to my master repo, even if permissions for the repo do not list anyone as have such permission. Specifically:
"If your repository has branch permissions enabled and you can’t commit back using the default configured HTTP origin, or you want to commit using a ‘Bot’ account or another authentication method, you have a few options. We recommend using OAuth above all other methods, for security and compatibility with the HTTP origin."
However, I've followed the instructions as outlined in this doc, and I still fail to write back to the repo. It only works if I put "Everybody" as allowed to write directly to Master. I can't put a specific user, as it's not actually a specific user (as far as I can tell) that is in fact doing the writing -- its the oauth "user", which isn't an option to specify.
Any thoughts?