I have two projects.
One is development and another is support.
For development, we have a separate workflow and for support we have separate workflow.
Now we are thinking of using Jira Service desk for support project. I wish to come with an ideal workflow for support tickets so that it can serve both kinds of tickets. That is tickets which need development and tickets which don't.
Currently I am creating new jira tickets for the support ticket which needs development work. This ticket goes through development workflow till "Done".
So my question is what would be the best practice to handle support ticket with development work?
Option 1: Two separate workflows. One in service desk till "In Development" stage and then create that ticket again in development project and follow development workflow.
Or Option 2: Only one workflow in Service desk. So that I don't need to create clone of a ticket and I should be able to handle everything in Service Desk workflow?
Any thoughts and suggestions welcome please.