I have inherited a complicated system and lack knowledge (much knowledge!).
We run our jira/confluence onsite servers in VM's, they talk to a postgres database also hosted on an Ubuntu VM. Alongside these we also have have a VM labelled as 'jira web-apps' and another VM labelled NGINX (a certificate server).
We are thinking of a migration to a cloud based/hosted atlassian service and toward this end need to know if we did migrate to the cloud, would we still require the jira-web-apps VM and/or the NGINX cert server VM?
Or are these services handled if hosted by atlassian?
Could explain briefly what the jira web-app server does and also the NGINX cert server role in this system? Or what config file I can peruse, the location of a config for each might help too.
We also have a DNS server (bind) and I understand the role this plays in our system.
Look forward to a reply,
Thanks in advance