i am a System Admin and have a large number of users I need to add to a role that i then use for a workflow condition. I need the project admin to have the ability to manage the users in the role and do not want to use the user groups.
I think it could be achieved with script. Do you have script runner app installed?
Agreed with the above, for the bulk add, a script would probably be best. Script Runner, Power scripts, jiraCLI or even just working with the API directly.
Once the users are added, a project admin can add/remove users to the roles within thier project, so that part is covered,
I do, I have looking into that one. thanks
I know I can bulk add to a user group and then add the group to the project role, but then that leaves me with the task of maintaining those users. I want to leave that with the project admin. I do not want a project admin to have the ability to add to a group.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.