Why did this hapen, how can I change it so they are not epics, but tasks and stories as they should be?
I'm using the Epic add on from Labs
Did you rename earlier your Epic issue type as 'Task' and recreated the Epic issue type yourself?
For that, the best way is to use the Issue Navigator to query for IssueType = Epic, then Bulk Edit > Bulk Move them to the new Issue Type.
Or, if they really are Epics, just set an Epic Label, assign stories to them, and enjoy!
Well it is not IssueTypes it is Epics like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gjZlDkniNE I had to go into the admin a turn it on in the labs addon, ahh I see maybe why, the video says from v. 6.1 but we are using v5.2.1. There is might be different.
I think it uses labels somehow, and we use labels for other stuff, so the two might conflict. I just cant figure out where or what to change, as some tasks with labels have become epic and others not. Not that they are Epic types.
Does that make sence.
How does jira know what task/story/epics are handeld by the epic panel?
So, Epic is an issue type, and if you want them to not be Epics any longer, simply move them to something else, like Stories. The Label fields that are used by GreenHopper are specific to GreenHopper, and won't interfere with your other label fields.
GreenHopper will assume that any Issue of type Epic that falls within the Board but does not have its Epic Status set to Done is active, and it will be shown in the sidebar.
ok thanks I will look into it.
I also thought that we might move all tasks over to a new issue type, then change task to epics and epics to tasks. Then move all the issues back to the new issue type.
Well that might have happend, there was earlier an issiue with Epics that we handeld. But it is old legasy in my company. Im researching it now.
Because now there is a consistansy, that all the items in the Epic panel is tasks, after I upgraded to 6.1.1. All new task are put in the Epic panel. So it might make sence.
What to do?
Yeah, then that's the issue. This data is stored in XML in database. This article explains how to update it. Be careful while doing it, backup database and shutdown JIRA before doing anything.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GHKB/How+to+Fix+the+Duplicate+GreenHopper+Custom+Fields+After+Upgrading
The field is gh.issue.story
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.