First off I have to say, I hate Jira and I hate the fact my company think we should run our support requests through it, rather than say using Zendesk - something that doesn't require a doctorate in computing to integrate with.
Rant out of the way - how come I can easily create a new ticket for a customer by email yet when I'm trying to create a new ticket by API, it returns:
JIRA Administrators global permission is required
Does this really mean I have to risk putting an administrators account in the API in order to create a simple support ticket? Surely that is a MASSIVE security risk?
Secondly Jira you need to fix your API documentation for creating a new request, because you don't mention ANYWHERE that you have to create a user first to raise one. Even your example JSON neglects any form of user identification!