How can I link several JIRA issues to one JIRA issue?
bulk tools can't do that
@林博助
within the Issue where you'd like to link multiple other issues, click on
Server / DC
Cloud
Hi @林博助
Welcome to the Atlassian Community.
Bulk tools will allow you to connect several Jira issues to one issue.
Please follow these steps
1. Search for all the issues you want to link to a single issue
2. Use bulk tools to select the list of issues
3. Edit the issues and add the link to the single issue. The reason this works is that all links are two-way and so you need to make sure you use the right description. For example you might haveProblem-Incident with the two relationships - Causes and Caused By
Regards
Phill
The key here is to think in reverse. Don’t try to link say 5 issues to one issue but rather link the one to the 5.
What if I have 100 tickets I want to link to this one? I used to be able to do this on older versions of Jira and now it's gone. How would you suggest I link 100 tickets to this one?
In old version of cloud jira user was able to link issues to ticket using the filters. But in new one it is gone. You can add manually and if need to add many tickets I use the workaround by creating the excel table copy-paste the ticket numbers, but still need manually select it from the suggestions. I don`t find any other way to do it with UI.
Even the workaround is gone now. Each time you paste, it finds the first ticket number you entered. Once again, we had our software engineering team create a tool that does this work automatically for us, and we've come up with something outside of Jira to solve disappearing features.
Really, if we weren't already so invested in Jira, we'd just leave over the growing number of issues like this.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.