I have a radio button field called "Custom" and it has two values: Yes and No
I'd like to automate the creation of a subtask based on the value of this field being = YES.
How can I do this?
Welcome to the community!
There are several ways to do this. You will a marketplace app of some sort. JMWE, JWT, ScriptRunner are three that have the ability to support this. I can't tell you which one to pick pick they all have their benefits and it depends on things like cost and what other capabilities you may want to get.
Hi @Christine Alcantara
I agree with @Derek Fields _RightStar_ that we have a lot of great apps available in the marketplace that achieve what you are looking for but I would highly recommend you to use Automation for JIRA because of its simplicity to create and manage automation.
They provide you a Playground where you can check how configure an automation from scratch and get used to their features
https://docs.automationforjira.com/rule-playground/#/
I've created a rule there Create subtask if priority equals highest that is similar what you are looking for and you can see there how to setup in your own instance:
Cheers,
Italo Qualisoni
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.