Notifications are not being sent for new issues to Slack.
The Slack webhook is properly configured and running, since I am receiving notifications for all issues transitions to my Slack channel, except when creating New Issues from scratch.
Hi Portales, welcome to the Community!
Given that there are a few Slack connectors for Jira Server, can you confirm which one you've got installed? A screenshot of the app in the Manage Apps page in Jira would be helpful (unless you know for sure which one it is already).
For the Atlassian-provided app, there's a per-project configuration screen. Would you be able to take a screenshot of that screen for the project/configuration that's giving you trouble? Here's an example:
If you find that there's no configuration but you've got the official Atlassian plugin installed, it's possible that a Post Function was set up to send a message to Slack. The Create transition in the workflow might not have the post function while the other workflow steps do. I would generally recommend just using the standard configurations available through the Slack integrations / project options, unless you have some specific advanced need that requires using a workflow postfunction. All these different configurations are detailed in the documentation for the app.
Hope that provided a little clarity and I'm here to help!
Cheers,Daniel
Hi Daniel, thanks for you reply.
I'm attaching the screenshots of both the Slack app version and the Slack webhook events configuration.
We are not using the App since our Jira Server is in a restricted environment (own domain) behind a firewall, however this is not a problem, as we are receiving notificactions for all issues transitions, events and changes, the only notification that is not arriving is the one when New issues are created.
Regarding post-functions, we have none. Just in case I already tried adding a new one that forces to trigger the Slack notification when issues are created but didn't work either, so I took it out.
Hi @Portales !
Based on your screenshot I conclude that you configured a webhook, not a Slack plugin. You can configure Slack plugin by going to Administration -> Applications -> Slack. Find more information on Slack plugin configuration and usage on our documentation page.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.