Hi everyone!
Admittedly, I'm fairly new to JIRA, but I've done a bit of research on here, as well as try most of the apps that come recommended for what I'm looking to achieve - however none of them tend to achieve what we are after.
In a nutshell... We are we web development agency and we often have multiple projects on the go. These range from basic builds (3-5 days) to advanced builds (3-5 weeks) to custom applications (8 weeks) as well as service desk requests for our own community applications.
JIRA itself has been an amazing tool for us in terms of documentation, and to a degree, project management. When I say that, I really mean it has kicked us in the butt by making us document every step of the way so that nothing gets lost in communications - and I LOVE it.
Having said that, I'm struggling to keep a close eye on time allocation for each employee and committing tasks/projects to individuals. Our development team is small, and everyone currently bounces from one project to another when need be. I need a tool to ensure we can all visually see what each member is working on across all tasks from multiple projects during the week.
Annoyingly, we are coming from using Monday, as the customization and level of documentation weren't nearly enough for our preference. Having said that, their "master roadmap" feature, giving a global view of tasks, projects, and allocations was very easy to use and understand.
Is anyone able to point me in the right direction for a feature like this? Even if it's something outside of Jira, but actually allows me to connect Jira projects/tasks to it so our team can see a calendar that includes all their tasks?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers!