Hello,
I have struggled to find anything online about this so I thought I would try here. I'm trying to come up with a process for updating our Jira plugins (either monthly, bi-monthly or quarterly). I have documented all of our current user-installed plugins, with the current version in our system, next up version and other details. I'm thinking we'll need to do these things as the very least each time we update them:
- Read release notes on what has changed, what is being added (for each plugin)
- Create test scripts for each plugin
- Update in test
- Test
- Update in prod
- Test
Does anyone have anything like this in place at their workplace? I'm trying to figure out what the normal procedure is. These are my outstanding questions:
- How often should you update them all?
- Do you need test scripts for each plugin (I like to have documentation so I'd say yes, but want to get others' thoughts also)?
- Anything else I'm missing?
Thanks!
Justine